Software Quality Engineer
Please email a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Software Quality Engineer
Description: One of the fastest-growing and successfully established companies in Utah is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join its ranks. DigiCert is one of the largest and fastest growing Certificate Authorities in the world. We issue digital certificates that are used to secure websites with SSL/TLS encryption. Our growing roster of over 70,000 customers includes world-famous brands like Amazon.com, Yahoo!, AT&T, BMW, and Sony. In 2012 alone, we’ve been awarded the Inc. 500|5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Utah 100, UV50, and the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility. It’s easy to see why we’re growing our team! Come be a part of an exceptional business with exceptional growth and opportunity!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execution and development of both manual and automated test cases.
- Entering, tracking defects, and responding promptly and professionally to defect reports.
- Capable of evaluating the quality of an individual product component.
- Responsible for analysis and troubleshooting of defects and coordinating possible design solutions.
- Researching customer issues, product initiatives, and providing input to problems/issues.
- Develop an understanding of product knowledge, architecture, and solutions.
- Analyze system specifications and translate requirements to specific tasks and needs.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity and follow up.
- Estimate task lengths, testing activities, and meet schedules.
- Be an advocate of quality, security, and DigiCert.
- Report to Director of Quality Assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Having a mischievous mindset and enjoy breaking code.
- 1-3 years of professional experience working in the software industry.
- Previous software testing experience preferred.
- Programming skills in any of the following: Shell scripting, PHP, Java, and C++.
- Exposure to test tools, suites, frameworks (Selenium, phpunit, junit, etc).
- Understanding of SSL, PKI, and other security related technology.
- Knowledgeable in database design and SQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, etc, or equivalent years of experience and formal training.
- Effectively communicate, prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently.
- High performance individual who is persistent and self-motivated to accomplish tasks.
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, and problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
As one of the fastest growing companies in Utah, DigiCert provides a fun, casual, and flexible environment. We offer competitive compensation and provide generous medical, dental, life, vision, and disability benefits, along with a 401(k) plan with employer match, a flexible spending plan, and educational assistance. We also think you’ll enjoy our fully stocked break room, company trip and quarterly activities just to name a few of the perks.