How to Reissue an SSL Certificate in Your DigiCert Management Console
All DigiCert certificates come with unlimited free reissues. Some reasons you may reissue your certificate include:
- You lost your private key or want to re-key your certificate.
- You want to change the domain on the certificate (e.g., from www.yourname.com to secure.yourname.com).
- You want to change the organization name that is listed in the certificate.
- You want to add, remove, or change some of the SANs that are listed in your UC certificate.
To reissue a certificate, you have to generate a new CSR on your server (see our CSR creation instructions) and then submit the CSR in your account.
Once you have the new CSR, complete the following steps:
- Log into your DigiCert Management Console.
Click the + next to the certificate's order number to expand the options for that certificate.
- Click Re-Key Your Certificate to get a new certificate with all of the same information. Or, click Edit Common Name to get a new certificate with a different common name.
- Enter a reason for the reissue and paste in your new CSR. Then click Continue to Next Step. If you need to make any changes, do so now. You will have a chance to review the changes in the last step.
- If all of the information is correct, click These Changes Are Correct > Process Reissue.
If any of the information in the certificate was changed, we will re-validate the certificate. If the common name or any SANs were changed to domains or subdomains that we haven't validated, we will verify the request using the contact information in the WHOIS record.
Once the reissue has been completed you will receive an email to the email address listed in the order with the new certificates attached.