Copyright Notice and Takedown Procedure
ATTN: Copyright Agent
2801 North Thanksgiving Way
Lehi, UT 84043
A notice is only effective if it includes:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed,
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to be infringed,
- A reasonably sufficient identification of the material claimed as infringing or that is the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or disabled,
- The complaining party’s contact information, such as an address, telephone number, and email address,
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the claimed infringing material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
After receiving a notice of infringement, DigiCert will review the complaint and take appropriate measures, including removing or disabling access to material that is alleged as infringing. When possible, DigiCert will forward a copy of the notification to the party that is allegedly infringing the copyrighted material (“Alleged Infringer”). DigiCert will also notify the Alleged Infringer of any action taken as a result of the notice.The Alleged Infringer may provide a written counter notice to DigiCert’s copyright agent. An effective counter notice must include:
- An electronic or physical signature of the Alleged Infringer,
- Identification of the material that DigiCert removed or to which access was disabled and the location from which the removed material was removed or the location where access was disabled,
- A statement that the Alleged Infringer believes, in good faith and under the penalty of perjury, that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of infringing material,
- The Alleged Infringer’s name, address, and telephone number,
- The Alleged Infringer’s consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the Alleged Infringer is located (or Utah if the Alleged Infringer’s address is outside of the United States) and a statement that the Alleged Infringer will accept service of process from the person or an agent of the person who provided notice of the infringement.
DigiCert will provide the complaining party a copy of the counter notice and will give the complaining party ten days notice before replacing or re-enabling access to removed material. DigiCert will replace any removed material or cease disabling access to the material between ten and fourteen business days after the counter notice is forwarded to the complaining party, provided that DigiCert has not received notice that that the complaining party has initiated a formal legal proceeding to restrain the Alleged Infringer from engaging in infringing activity that is related to the material under DigiCert’s control.