CSR Creation: Lync Server 2010 SSL Certificates
If you already have your SSL Certificate and just need to install it, see
Lync 2010: Installing a SSL Certificate.
Using the DigiCert Utility Tool to Create your CSR for Lync 2010
To simplify the process for generating your CSR for Lync 2010, you can use the DigiCert Certificate Utility.
If you decide to use our utility to generate your CSR, do the following:
- Download the DigiCert Certificate Utility.
See DigiCert® Certificate Utility for Windows.
- Generate a CSR.
Follow the instructions for using the DigiCert Certificate Utility to generate a CSR for Microsoft Servers.
See CSR Creation Instructions for Microsoft Servers.
- After you receive your SSL Certificate from DigiCert, you can install it. See Lync 2010: Installing a SSL Certificate
If you would rather use the Lync 2010 interface to generate your CSR, follow the instructions below.
Lync 2010: Generating a CSR
- On the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > Microsoft Lync Server 2010 > Lync Server Deployment Wizard.
- In the Lync Server 2010 – Deployment Wizard, click Install or Update Lync Server System.
Under Step 3: Request, Install, or Assign Certificates, click Run.
In the Certificate Wizard, select External Edge certificate (public internet) and then click Request.
- On the Certificate Request page, click Next.
- On the Delayed or Immediate Requests page, select Prepare the request now, but send it later (offline certificate request), and then click Next.
- On the Certificate Request File page, enter the full path or browse for the location where you want to save the request file (i.e. C:\csr.text), and then click Next.
- On the Specify Alternative Certificate Template page, click Next.
On the Name and Security Settings page, enter the following information, and then click Next.
Friendly Name: Enter a friendly name for the certificate (i.e. My Lync Edge Server).
Bit Length: In the drop-down list, select 2048.
Mark the certificate’s... If you have multiple servers in the edge cluster, check this box.
On the Organization Information page, enter the following information, and then click Next.
Organization: Enter your organization’s name.
Organizational Unit: Enter your organizational unit’s name.
On the Geographical Information page, enter the following information and then click Next.
Country/Region: In the drop-down list, select your country or region.
State/Province: Enter the name of your state or province.
City/Locality: Enter the name of your city or locality.
- On the Subject Name / Subject Alternate Name page, review the subject name and subject alternate name to be included in the certificate, and then click Next.
- On the SIP Domain setting on Subject Alternate Names (SANs) page, check the box for your SIP domain, and then click Next.
- On the Configure Additional Subject Alternate Names page, enter all of the Subject Alternate Names used in your Lync environment (i.e. mail.yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com), and then click Next.
- On the Certificate Request Summary page, verify that your information is correct, and then click Next.
- On the Executing Commands page, verify that the Task status is Completed, and then to generate the request, click Next.
On the Certificate Request File page, click View to open the CSR request file.
You can also find the CSR request file in the folder where you saved it (i.e. C:\csr.text).
- Copy the contents of the CSR request file and paste it into the DigiCert order form.
To close the Certificate Request wizard, click Finish.
Congratulations, you have successfully created a CSR on Lync Server 2010!
After you receive your SSL Certificate from DigiCert, you can install it.
Buy Lync Server 2010 SSL CertificatesBuy Now