SSL Certificate CSR Creation for Microsoft Windows IIS
If you already have your SSL Certificate and just need to install it, see IIS 4 SSL Certificate Installation.
How to generate a CSR in IIS 4.x Web Server
- Run the Management Console.
- Expand the Internet Information Server, as well as the computer name you are securing.
- Right-click on the website you are securing, and select Properties.
- Open Directory Security.
- Under Secure Communications, click on Key Manager and 'Create New Key'.
- Select 'Put the request in a file...', and select a filename or accept the default.
- Fill in the required information with your company information.
- Click on Next until your are done, then click on Finish. Choose 'yes' when you are prompted about saving changes.
- Finally, open the CSR you created with a text editor such as notepad, and copy and paste the text (including the BEGIN and END tags) into the DigiCert web-CSR-form.
After you receive your SSL Certificate from DigiCert, you can install it.
See IIS 4 SSL Certificate Installation.
Generating a CSR for Issuance of an SSL Certificate in Windows IIS
How to generate a Certificate Signing Request for your Microsoft IIS Web Server
If you are ready to purchase your next SSL Certificate, select the button below: