CSR Creation for NetScreen ScreenOS 4.0 and 5.0 SSL Certificates
If you already have your SSL Certificate and just need to install it, see
NetScreen SSL Certificate Installation.
How to generate a CSR in Juniper NetScreen
- Connect to the WebUI application.
- In the Options menu go to Configuration and select Date/Time.
- Click the 'Sync Clock with Client' button.
- Make sure that the 'Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes' is set on your computer and hit 'Yes'.
- In the Options menu go to Network and select DNS.
- In Host Name enter the internal device host name.
- In the Domain Name field, enter the fully qualified domain name used to access the device, and click 'Apply'.
- Now that the clock is set and the Host/Domain names are configured you are ready to start creating your CSR. In the Options menu go to Objects and select Certificates.
- Click the 'New' button and fill out the Certificate Subject Information fields. Under the 'FQDN' (Fully Qualified Domain Name) field, enter the full domain name of your device.
- Click the 'Generate' button.
- Save the Certificate Request (CSR) as a text file.
- Copy and Paste the CSR to the DigiCert Certificate Order form.
After you receive your SSL Certificate from DigiCert, you can install it.
Generating a CSR for Issuance of a Certificate for Juniper NetScreen
How to generate an SSL Certificate Signing Request for your NetScreen ScreenOS