DigiCert SSL Certificate FAQ
Welcome to DigiCerts Frequently Asked Questions! To find the answer to your question, please choose a question below.
General Information about DigiCert Secure Site SSL Certificates
General Information about DigiCert Certificates
- Are DigiCert certificates automatically trusted by browsers?
- How does a Wildcard Certificate Work?
- What are code signing certificates?
- What is a 'Scalable SSL Certificate'?
- What is a 'Site Seal'?
- Will DigiCert Digital Certificates work with my server(s)?
- Why is Authentication and Validation so Important?
Ordering a Certificate
- How do I order a certificate?
- What is a CSR and how do I create one?
- How do I open the CSR to place it in the DigiCert order form?
- What should I do with my private key?
- What should I do to expedite the validation of my order?
Installing a Certificate
- How do I download my certificate files?
- Where are the instructions for installing my certificate?
- How can I install my Wildcard certificate to more than one server?
- My certificate works, but my visitors get a Security Alert that says 'The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust...' What is the problem?
- I lost my private key. Can I get my certificate reissued for a new one?
- Do I need a unique IP address for my secure site?
Renewing a certificate