How to Move Your Certificate to Another Certificate Store
Did you accidentally choose to use the Personal store during certificate import through IIS 8 in place of selecting Web Hosting store? If so, these instructions provide a way to correct the problem without having to delete and re-import the cert file.
- Go to Start > Run
- Type in MMC and click OK
- Go into the File Tab and select Add/Remove Snap-in
- Click on Certificates and click on Add
- Select Computer Account and click Next
- Select Local Computer and click Finish
- Click OK to close the Add/Remove Snap-in window
- Double click on Certificates (Local Computer) in the center window
- Double click on the Personal folder, and then on Certificates
- Highlight the Certificate(s) you want to Move or Copy
- Right click on the highlighted certificate and choose Cut or Copy
- Right click the Web Hosting certificate store from the left column and choose Paste
- The certificate(s) will now appear in the Web Hosting certificate store
For help with your cert installation or troubleshooting, try our Windows SSL management tool.