I’m making sure that you didn’t miss my January and February blog posts regarding the upcoming system maintenance on 6 April 2019. In case you did, here’s a quick catch-up:
The upcoming system maintenance will result in a planned, controlled downtime of all certificate ordering, order checking and fulfillment services from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM Pacific Time.
What to Know
During the maintenance and downtime,
- We will transition data center (DC) operations for our GeoTrust, RapidSSL, Symantec, Thawte, Managed PKI for SSL and Encryption Everywhere product lines over to our DigiCert DC.
- We will upgrade software at multiple points in our infrastructure, resulting in improved performance and compliance but diminished operational risk.
- You will have no access to certificate ordering, order checking and fulfillment services, nor will your customers and/or subresellers (as applicable).
- Our APIs will return HTTP 404 return codes.
- Routine order processing for GeoTrust, RapidSSL, Symantec and Thawte branded certificates will be paused. Once the maintenance concludes, we will resume orderly processing of those orders, prioritizing orders submitted before the maintenance begins.
- Our seal services and revocation validation services (CRL and OCSP) will continue to operate normally.
- Current/existing certificates and our trusted seals will function without disruption from this move.
- We will have processes in place during the downtime to handle emergency revocations.
What You Can Do
To prepare your business for readiness,
- Please plan to be unable to submit orders, accept orders, check order status or issue/fulfill orders during the maintenance/downtime.
- If you use our APIs, please expect our return of HTTP 404 codes during the maintenance/downtime.
- Please consider whether you should temporarily amend your marketing/sales activities and storefronts during the maintenance/downtime.
Your planning and preparation now will minimize impact to your revenue generation and support operations.
Approximately one week before the maintenance/downtime, we will provide a final email notification, which we will also crosspost via our Partner Blog.
Throughout all communications regarding this matter, we have maintained this knowledgebase article as the most up-to-date source of truth and details. We urge you to bookmark it and check back often:
As always, you can check the real-time status of our services at
If you have questions about this or wish to contact someone directly, please contact support or your account manager.