Once again here is a weekly recap of safety tips as we near the end of National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
- Learn about security by design and put it into practice.
- Deploy dev servers for your test environments and keep logs so that you can avoid accidentally publishing vulnerable or incomplete code.
- Upgrade your legacy certificates to 2048-bit encryption or higher. Don’t wait until the end of the year when your certificates become deprecated. DigiCert's friendly support team is available to help you with any questions you might have.
- Convert your internal name certificates to fully qualified domain names (FQDNs). DigiCert’s Internal Name Tool makes this easy for you by helping you reconfigure your MS Exchange settings to point to FQDNs.
- Change your passwords today, and then make it a habit to change them periodically. Also, avoid choosing to let your web browser or favorite online vendor store your password. Instead, store it in a password manager. Many are available online for free.
Next week we'll have the final few tips to cap off NCSAM.