How security can come up short
In 2016, a group of researchers hacked a connected pacemaker
and found several potentially life-threatening vulnerabilities involving poor authentication and encryption practices. But before the researchers made their discovery known to the public, they borrowed stock from the manufacturer of the pacemaker in an attempt at selling it short.
Sure enough, the stock plummeted after the vulnerability was announced. This controversial research has brought a lot of attention to the need for stronger security for connected medical devices.
If the security of a medical
device comes up short,
it can potentially cut a life short.
Cover Every Possible Angle
A Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solution helps you adhere to stringent privacy and data protection policies while mitigating risks for patients and protecting connected medical devices. No matter how you slice it, you’re covered.
- Certificates for healthcare devices validate identities to make sure only authorized users, messages or services have access to the device.
- Certificates creates an encrypted link and allow sensitive healthcare information to be
- Certificates sign messages sent to a medical device to make sure they remain unaltered and aren’t intercepted. Additionally, certificates create a way to confirm that device configuration settings, firmware and software have not been changed.
Certificates for healthcare devices validate identities to make sure only authorized users, messages or services have access to the device.
Certificates creates an encrypted link and allow sensitive healthcare information to be transmitted privately.
Certificates sign messages sent to a medical device to make sure they remain unaltered and aren’t intercepted. Additionally, certificates create a way to confirm that device configuration settings, firmware and software have not been changed.
Secure Every Step Along the Way
Here's how we help you secure connected medical devices from the manufacturing
line to the healthcare network to the patient.
This Platform Can Manage
DigiCert Cloud PKITM is the easiest-to-use platform for deploying and managing millions of IoT certificates.
Provision, issue, renew and revoke certificates all in one place. No hassle, no manual error
- Secure storage and management for certificate keys
- Custom certificate profiles
- Automated high-volume deployment
- Scanning and remediation suggestions for vulnerabilities
- Analytics and reports about your network
- Automated certificate issuance via REST API, Web Services
- Updates to cryptographic curves, algorithms, and hashes
Stronger Code. Safer Care.
DigiCert Secure App Service allows you to sign code using a secure
cloud with more control and greater insights.
- Know your keys and reputation are safe
- Know who signed what
- Ensure that your keys are never shared
- Code-sign applications on more platforms, faster than ever
- Control who can code-sign applications
- Minimize impact if a certificate needs to be revoked
- Preserve the life and integrity of your applications
- Ensure everyone is signing using predetermined standards
- Avoid signing applications that may contain malware
A Healthy Dose of Benefits
Choose From Cloud, Internal PKI or Both
No matter what type of infrastructure setup you need, DigiCert offers flexible IoT solutions.
Add More Experts to Your Team
Our PKI architects can plug in at any stage of deployment – from proof-of-concept to implementation to securing millions of devices.
Deploy & Manage in One Place
Deploy thousands of certificates in minutes using our mass-issuance platform. Save time by automating management tasks using REST API, SCEP, or Web Services.
Consolidate, organize and manage identity relationships for people, devices and sensors using IoT certificates.
Ensure Data Reliability & System Integrity
Certificates can confirm original device configuration settings as well as sign messages going back and forth from devices, ensuring that messages have not been changed.
Trust Architecture That’s Better by Design
DigiCert is built on hyper-converged infrastructure with the highest level of availability, redundancy and security compliance.