Not too big. Not too small.
Just the right ransom.
In 2018, the infrastructure of a major U.S. city was targeted by a ransomware virus called SamSam. Without the right measures in place for authentication and encryption, the virus spread and the attackers eventually demanded a ransom of $50,000 – enough for a nice payday but still manageable for the victim city.
Smart City Security That Covers Every Angle
Secure vulnerable endpoints – smart meters, switches and sensors – using IoT certificates to authenticate a device, system or network, encrypt all communications and ensure data integrity.
- Certificates for devices validate identities to make sure only authorized users, messages, or other types of servers have access to the device.
- A certificate creates an encrypted link and allows information to be transmitted privately.
- Certificates make sure that any messages or data transferred to and from “things” are not altered.
Certificates for devices validate identities to make sure only authorized users, messages, or other types of servers have access to the device.
A certificate creates an encrypted link and allows information to be transmitted privately.
Certificates make sure that any messages or data transferred to and from “things” are not altered.
This Platform Can Manage
Provision, issue, renew and revoke billions of certificates with the most flexible IoT platform using RESTful APIs. This isn’t the IoT security you’re used to.
- Secure storage and management for certificate keys
- Custom certificate profiles
- Automated high-volume deployment
- Scanning and remediation suggestions for vulnerabilities
- Analytics and reports about your network
- Automated certificate issuance via REST API, Web Services
- Updates to cryptographic curves, algorithms, and hashes
The New Definition of Smart: Secure
Choose From Cloud, Internal PKI or Both
No matter what type of infrastructure setup you need, DigiCert offers flexible IoT solutions.
Add More Experts to Your Team
Our PKI architects can plug in at any stage of deployment – from proof-of-concept to implementation to securing millions of devices.
Deploy & Manage in One Place
Deploy thousands of certificates in minutes using our mass-issuance platform. Save time by automating management tasks using REST API, SCEP, or Web Services.
Streamline Device Identity Management
Consolidate, organize and manage identity relationships for people, devices and sensors using IoT certificates.
Ensure Data Reliability & System Integrity
Certificates can confirm original device configuration settings as well as sign messages going back and forth from devices, ensuring that messages have not been changed.
Trust Architecture That’s Better by Design
DigiCert is built on hyper-converged infrastructure with the highest level of availability, redundancy and security compliance.
Add Expertise to your Team
If you’d like more information about how to design and deploy IoT security for your city, fill out the form below and one of our PKI architects will contact you shortly.