Please email a résumé to email@example.com.
One of the fastest-growing and successful companies in Utah is looking for a Software Engineer to join its ranks. DigiCert is one of the largest and fastest growing Certificate Authorities in the world. We issue digital certificates that are used to secure websites with SSL/TLS encryption. Our growing list of customers includes world-famous brands like Wikipedia, Yahoo!, Facebook, BMW, and Sony. To-date we’ve been awarded the Inc. 500|5000, Deloitte Technology Fast 500, UV50, and the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Business Excellence in Workplace Flexibility. It's easy to see why we're growing our team! Come be a part of an exceptional business with exceptional growth and opportunity!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of feature sets and product enhancements.
- Debugging and troubleshooting source code.
- Responding promptly and professionally to defect reports.
- Responsible for analysis and troubleshooting of defects and coordinating refactor and design solutions.
- Researching customer issues, product initiatives, and providing input and development to problems/issues.
- Develop an understanding of product knowledge, architecture, and solutions.
- Estimate task lengths, development activities, and meet schedules.
- Report to CTO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Java knowledge and programming skills.
- Use of Java Web Services and other Java technologies to build services.
- Experience with Tomcat, Jetty, Docker, and other web container technologies.
- Experience with service-orientated architecture).
- Use of secure coding practices and methodologies.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience working in the software industry.
- Passionate in unit testing and producing high quality code.
- Understanding of SSL, PKI, and other security related technologies.
- Strong knowledge in database design and SQL.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, etc., or equivalent years of experience and formal training.
- Effectively communicate, prioritize tasks, and manage time efficiently.
- High performance individual who is persistent and self-motivated to accomplish tasks.
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, and problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
As one of the fastest growing companies in Utah, DigiCert provides a fun, casual, and flexible environment. We offer competitive compensation and provide generous medical, dental, life, vision benefits, along with a 401(k) plan with employer match, a flexible spending plan, and educational assistance. We also think you'll enjoy our fully stocked break room, company trip, and quarterly activities just to name a few of the perks.