SSL Certificate Validation & Documentation
SSL Certificate Validation is an essential step in your purchase from DigiCert. In order to ascertain that all SSL Certificates are sold to legally qualified entities, your company must be validated in two ways.
1. You must show that you have the right to use the domain name that you are trying to secure.
Issuing a secure certificate to a company for a domain they do not own and operate would allow fraudulent transactions.
To verify that a company does own and operate a domain, we will check the domain’s WHOIS record. Please make sure that the WHOIS record contains current and accurate information.
2. You must show that the company you are registering is a legally and lawfully-formed organization.
Submitting documents to us for this requirement will help us validate your organization. We will contact the registering authority (RA) shown on the document to confirm the details of the document before we proceed.
If the document that you provide does not list the current address for your organization, you must also provide a recent utility bill or bank statement addressed to your company at the current address.
You can use one of the following methods to send us your acceptable documents:
(Recommended Method) Upload Documents Through Your DigiCert Account
Uploading documents through this secured portal is the most secure option for sending us your documents. It is also the most efficient and quickest option because your documentation is automatically associated with your certificate order
Email Your Documents
You can email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax Your Documents
You can fax your documents to +1-801-705-0481.
- Business License/Certificate
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Existence with Status in Good Standing
- Certificate/Articles of Organization
- Public Records Filing for a New Business Entity
- Certificate of Formation
- Certificate of Assumed Business Name
- Trade Name Renewal Form
- Trade Name Registration Form
- Fictitious Business Name Statement
- Statement of Partnership Agreement
- General Excise Tax License
- Zoning Permit
- Transaction Privilege Tax License
- Sellers Permit
- Sales & Use Tax Permit
- Restatement and Revision of Partnership Agreement
- Privilege License
- Organization Action in Writing of Incorporation
- Occupational Tax Certificate/License
- Notary Public Identification Card
- Merchant's Certificate of Registration
- Filing receipt
- Filing endorsement
- Employer Identification Number Application
- Declaration of Proprietorship or Partnership Registration
- Corporation Estimated Tax Form
- Corporation Annual Report
- Corporate Charter
- Certificate/Articles of Amendment
- Certificate of Withholding Identification Number
- Certificate of Payment of Business Tax
- Certificate of Ownership for Unincorporated Business or Profession
- Certificate of Exempt Status
- Certificate of Change of Resident Agent and/or Location of Registered Office
- Certificate of Authority
- Certificate of Acceptance of Appointment by Resident Agent
In certain instances, more than one form of identification may be necessary to validate your business. DigiCert is absolutely committed to the highest level of security possible because our consumers deserve nothing less.